Ms. McCabe here - missing you all dearly!
I hope that you are staying safe, spending this time with your families, and keeping up with your learning!
Please continue to check your classroom teacher's webpage for daily work.
Below you will find a daily schedule to assist you in your learning. I have made some accommodations for our diverse learners. If you are finding that this work is still too challenging, below the schedule you will find some alternative assignments.
At MINIMUM, please complete the following DAILY:
1 Math Book Page
1 Reading Comprehension Activity
1 Journal Entry
10 Sight Words Practice
15 minutes of Letter Names/Letter sounds Practice (if needed)
RECOMMENDED DAILY SCHEDULE:
● One math sheet per day 10-15 minutes
● One lesson in math book per day 10-15 minutes
● One Journal writing everyday 15 minutes (If students are still emerging in their writing skills, you may write down their words for them with a highlighter or marker and then have them trace over the words themselves.)
● One Phonics/Sight words sheet practice per day 5-10 minutes (SEE BELOW)
● One Reading passage per day 10-15 minutes (You may read a book with your child during this time and ask them about the: Characters, setting, what happened, other questions about the story)
● Razkids: 20 minutes
https://www.kidsa-z.com/main/Login (teacher username: SEE TEACHER PAGE)
●Dreambox: 5 lessons per week
If using ipad use this link:
If using computer use this link:
https://play.dreambox.com/login/m55y/gd85 (SEE TEACHER PAGE FOR CLASS CODE)
● Lexia: 10 minutes per day a total of 50 minutes per week
https://www.lexiacore5.com/ (SEE TEACHER PAGE FOR LOG IN)
● Free time/play time/exercise/snacks
EXTRA/ALTERNATIVE WORK FOR STUDENTS:
READING: phonics (CVC WORDS, RHYMING), sight words, comprehension
MATH: Place value, tens and ones, math worksheets (ALL)
These are all located below in PDF Files. Don't have a printer? No worries! Simply pull up the work-pages on your phone, tablet, or computer and complete the work on a separate piece of paper or in a notebook.
Letter names and letter sounds/Sight Words? Make flash cards with paper and markers! Play a matching game, go fish, or be creative and make-up your own game!
Please feel free to email me any time if you need support!
Sending you all a BIG virtual HUG!