Week of March 11th
Time change! Hopefully, you will be able to adjust quickly. It usually takes me a few days to fully adjust to the clock changing. The time change also means the warmer weather is right around the corner. This week we should be able to have outdoor recess most of the week. This winter season may finally be coming to an end.
The IAR assessment testing week. It was formerly known as the PARCC. The Illinois Assessment of Readiness (IAR) is the state assessment and accountability measure for Illinois students enrolled in a public school district. IAR assesses the New Illinois Learning Standards Incorporating the Common Core and will be administered in English Language Arts and Mathematics. It’s important that our students do their very best because there is accountability attached to the assessment.
While students can’t study for a standardized assessment like they would for a regular classroom assessment, there are ways you can help your child prepare to do their best:
● Ensure your student attends school regularly so that they don’t miss out on important instruction
● Talk to your child about testing so that they understand why they are being tested
● Make sure your child gets a good night’s sleep the night before the exam
● Ensure your child arrives to school on time
● Remind your student to take their time, listen to and read all directions, and tackle one question at a time
● Help your child maintain a positive mindset by reminding them of their strengths and accomplishments
All progress reports have been sent home on Friday. Before you know it, the 3rd Quarter Parent Teacher Conferences will be here! Let's keep working together to support our students and your child to have a successful rest of the year.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Message from Principal Gutierrez